Make a booking
- Bookings /
- Make a booking
To check availability and make bookings, first check the calendar, then either email firstname.lastname@example.org, ,telephone 01946 861229 or 07736 803756, Whatsapp
Alternatively you can download a booking form in Word or PDF format using the links below:
- (Word) this document might also appear in your 'Downloads' folder
please use your browser's print command (or Ctrl-P) to print out the forms
Some periods are reserved for non excluisve use bookings, these are marked as Open Weekends/weeks on the calendar. During these periods we like to welcome members, friends, indviduals or smaller groups. so please check your planned dates against the calendar before booking.
There are normally 40 beds available unless stated. 'Exclusive use' is defined on the fees page.
If this is your first visit to LGFC, please read these additional notes.
To Pay for Bednights please click link
We provide ...
- ... most standard cutlery and crockery items, washing-up liquid and tea towels.
- ... each bunk has a waterproof mattress.
- ... a BT payphone - you probably won't be able to get a mobile signal in the valley bottom.
- ... satellite broadband (in the classroom) - see Warden for access details.
Each of you will need ...
- ... all your own food and drinks.
- ... sleeping bag (or sheet and duvet), pillowcase, toiletries, torch (advised).
- ... waterproofs and stout footwear if you're going out.
- ... some 20p, 50p or £1 coins if you wish to use the payphone.
And please remember ...
- ... bring everything you need - the nearest shops are 10 miles (16 km) away in Cleator Moor, and the nearest pubs are 5 miles (8 km) in Ennerdale Bridge.
- ... we don't have much power for hair dryers, straighteners, etc., but we do have limited 230v AC power to charge laptops and phones.
- ... to take your tins, bottles, plastics, away with you, as our local council don't offer recycling collections in this remote area!
- ... we are not permitted to drive beyond the turning area by the Youth Hostel, or to park on the forest tracks.
- ... we do not encourage extra driving on the forest track, and most roads in the area are narrow and winding.