Links to places LGFC are pleased to endorse
We (or you) can arrange for qualified leaders to provide activities for your group, and the following are willing to provide leadership and/or instruction during your stay at LGFC :
- Dan Robinson of Real Adventure - Summer, Winter, Overground, Underground, Biking, and might even offer to do some catering!
- John and Sarah Platt of PLATTY+ - Canoeing, Kayaking, Sailing, Dragon boating and improvised Raft building.
- David Oglethorpe of Glaramara Outdoor Centre - Climbing, Abseiling, Biking, Canoeing, Kayaking, Orienteering, Ghyll scrambling.
- Chris Chilcott of Mobile Adventure - Ghyll scrambling, Gorge Walking, Rock Climbing, Mountain Scrambling, Kayaking, Canoeing, Via Ferrata.
- Gina McCabe at Whitehaven Harbour Youth Project - Climbing Wall, Sports Hall, Kayaking, Canoeing, Hill Walking & Mountaineering, Rock Climbing, Abseiling, Gill Scrambling. Also scope to provide Team Building/Ice Breaking sessions, Residentials, Sailing, Orienteering and more activities by arrangement.
Dark Sky links
The Forestry Commission - the landowner.
The Wild Ennerdale partnership, and a link to some historic pictures of Gillerthwaite and Ennerdale.
Friends of the Lake District The Woodland Trust
Campaign to protect Rural England Natural England
2 hostelries in Ennerdale Bridge - The Fox and Hounds & The Shepherds Arms (about 5 miles away)
If you like a hearty walk, try the Ennerdale Round - a pleasant 23-mile stroll with 8,200 feet of ascent.
Learn about the Black Pearls of Ennerdale - the unique fresh-water mussels said to live up to 120 years.
Last, but far from least, the local micro-brewery Ennerdale Brewery situated in Rowrah.
(... note that LGFC has no control over the content of any external website ...)